2016年1月17日日曜日

Book Review Food Rules: Hunting, sharing, and Tabooing game in Papua New Guinea

Hello all, I will be redoing my book review with Food Rules written by Harriet Whitehead.

This book was quite a surprise in a way that it covers more on a society side revolving around food.
Such as man takes food before woman and such.

The book is more of a an essay rather than a educational book out in markets.

Anyway the first Part is about rule that surrounds tribes those are "Dominated by a food complex" (Pg.42)

However the whole affair is extremely complicated, and they dictate what to eat, even when woman is pregnant.

I find it interesting that they made that culture, how it formed.

They even have a raid party called Biis, and they kill people for not sharing what they have got. It sound barbaric but it is very complicated that I was not able to understand fully.

Anyway this is part 1 review I was able pull out.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿